Biography of Hasshi Sudler
Hasshi Sudler is Chairman and CEO of Internet Think Tank, a cyber security firm that provides consulting to Fortune 500 firms across America and Japan, and is also Adjunct Professor at Villanova University's Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering instructing in cyber security and blockchain technology. Sudler has more than 25 years of experience in technology management and over 11 years developing business in Japan. He was a pioneer in Japan's Bit Valley during the Internet boom during the 2000s.
Prior to founding his company, he served as a bilingual corporate strategist for a Japanese software firm developing UNIX graphical software. He later worked as a telecommunications engineer for Hitachi America, supporting major Japanese financial institutions. Between 1995 and 2001, he held numerous IT management positions at Morgan Stanley global investment bank, leading technology initiatives in its New York, Japan and Asia offices.
Hasshi Sudler has published and presented research on numerous topics spanning internet technology, online piracy, distance learning, international business, global culture and linguistics. Sudler was awarded best paper by the International Applied Business Research Association for research on distance learning technology and is a contributing author on Internet piracy in the 2017 Handbook of Research on Counterfeiting and Illicit Trade, published by Edward Elgar Publishing (ISBN: 978 1 78536 644 4). In 2013, Hasshi Sudler was the recipient of the MIT Leadership award from the MIT Sloan School of Management. And in 2016, he was a distinguished recipient of the Villanova University School of Engineering Professional Achievement Award.
Sudler founded the Sudler Asia Research Program (currently the Sudler Research Grant Program) in 2000, which he launched with Villanova to sponsor student and faculty led research. He has served as an adjunct professor for Villanova University's MBA program providing cross cultural perspectives on international business.
Hasshi Sudler earned his bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Villanova University and his MBA from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Awards & Certifications
• Villanova University Engineering Professional Achievement Award
• MIT Sloan School of Management Leadership Award
• Best Paper - Awarded by the American Business Association, Acapulco, Mexico, 2003. International Business presentation for Distance Learning
• Project Management Professional (PMP); no.: 66095596
• Certified fluent Japanese speaker, JLPT2
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), member 80570077
• Project Management Institute (PMI)
• System Dynamics Society
• MIT Alumni Association
• MIT Castor Ventures Alumni Venture Capital Group
• Asia Society
• Villanova University Engineering Alumni Society
• Sudler Research Grant Program - Founder and sponsor of funding program for graduate level research. Grant program launched in year 2000 with Dr. Johannes (Vice President, Villanova University Academic Affairs), Dr. Edwin Goff (Director of Honors Program), Dr. Thomas Ricks (Director of International Studies), and Dr. Masako Nakagawa (Professor of Japanese, East Asian Languages).